What is it
An Expansion project is a document and the Inspection acts of the work that are used to successfully carry out a new construction that will be part of a pre-existing building. It can be an extension of a building, a rise or extension on other floors, an isolated building, etc.
“A new construction on the roof of your house, the construction of one more floor in the building, a new guest wing in a single-family home”
What does it consist of
The Expansion Project consists first of all in studying the possibilities and capacities of the client to combine them with the physical reality (urban planning, construction) and propose a solution that is viable and satisfactory. Second, by technically specifying the appropriate solutions and distributions. Third, control the execution that is carried out by the contractor so that it is executed correctly.
What will the customer get
In the draft phase, proposals are studied and proposals are made that combine the tastes and preferences of the client and the physical possibilities of the building and the plot. The distributions and volumes adapted to the functional requirements of the client and the urban possibilities of the location are studied.
Basic and execution project
The client obtains a basic and executive project with which to request and compare budgets. This project includes:
- Definition plans: construction details, definition of materials and finishes.
- The project report explains the intervention in detail, listing the construction systems and the acoustic, thermal, and waterproofing features in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Other complementary studies are included, such as the EBSS, the Basic Health and Safety Study, the EGR Waste Management study, the Manual and Instructions for Building Use, the Quality Control Plan and detailed measurements.
Construction management consists of several aspects of supervision:
- Construction management and execution
- Safety and Health Coordination
The correct execution of the work is controlled in accordance with the client’s project and it is verified that the prescribed materials are used and that they have the appropriate quality and performance.
It is also verified that the work is carried out in good safety conditions.